No one prepares you for what’s going to happen to you socially when you become an entrepreneur.
I’m not going to do that to you…I’m here to give it to you real.
None of the business programs or trainings that I’ve taken + invested in over the years have ever addressed those social challenges, like…
- those feelings of isolation
- of friends not getting it
- of family not supporting it
- and how your growth on this path will change your inner circle [You can read more about that here: Stepping Up Your Game? Who You Want in Your Inner Circle (+ Who You Don’t)]
- or how when your creative ideas + projects are still in there infancy, you need to be more protective + more selective on who you share your creative babies with
Some people, well-meaning or not, will say things that will have you doubting yourself + your ideas.
And the last thing you need is other people’s doubts piling on top of your own, when you’re working to create + build something new.
This is why it’s so important to bring in experts + help as soon as you’re able to financially.
Maybe it’s a coach you work with long-term, or a marketing consultant who’s going to help you get your message out there more. Or maybe you just need to jump on a quick video chat, get clarity on a project you’re working on right now + how to move it forward more effectively.
Consider this an opportunity to set some relationship goals + intentions.
Here are a few questions to help you get clarity on that…
- How do you want people to feel when they’re interacting with you + your business?
- How do you want to feel when you’re making these connections with them?
- How do you want people to feel when they connect with you overall, whether it’s in your business or personally?
Now, what do you need to do to be in alignment with that?
Ultimately, it comes down to being aware, conscious + intentional about the energy you’re bringing into every interaction + every connection you get to make on this journey.
Because that’s what leaders do.